REST API v4 is the newest iteration of our application programming interface for ProjectManager.com.
Your team can get started with the ProjectManager API right away - here's how.
All ProjectManager.com accounts have access to the API. Create a free trial now!
Once you have signed up for an account, create an API key within ProjectManager. Remember to save your API key in your company's secure credential storage system!
Download the appropriate software development kit for your favorite programming language, or take a look at our example programs:
The ProjectManager.com API allows you to synchronize data from other systems to your project files and data. Some ideas for integrations include:
- Notify your accounting system when a task is completed, so they can send an invoice to the customer
- Import data from your internal IT systems into tasks
- Run a security scan on your software and automatically create a task for each risk
- Automatically synchronize comments to tasks
The ProjectManager API provides lots of features that you can use to help automate your day-to-day processes. One good way to get started is to look at the most commonly used APIs such as these:
- Create a new Project
- Query for Tasks within a Project
- Create a Comment on a Task
- Update a Custom Column on a Task
If you want to look at some example code, check out our ProjectManager example code repository on github.
When you're stuck, we encourage you to post a question on our developer discussion forums.
Icons used from https://devicon.dev/